Microsoft just announced its latest tablet – the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2. The new tablet has many innovations: The Surface 2 has a breakthrough on chipset- it adopts the most powerful nVidia Tegra 4 which 2GB RAM; It has great improvement in resolution- the 10.6-ich model has 1920*1200 resolution. Well, anyhow this Microsoft new tablet becomes much better for movie playback. And in this article, I mainly show you the tutorial how to view Blu-ray movies on Surface 2.
Surface 2 Specs
• OS: Windows RT 8.1
• Screen: 10.6 in ClearType Full HD (1920 x 1080)
• Processor: nVidia Tegra 4
• Storage: 32/64 GB
• Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, USB 3.0, micro-SD expansion (up to 64GB), HD video-out port.
• Battery: Up to 10 hours.
• Dimensions: Thinner and lighter than Surface RT.
If you want to get Blu-ray movies playable on Surface 2, you will need a best Blu-ray Ripper first, as Surface 2 doesn’t recognize Blu-ray and DVD files directly. As far as I know, Surface 2 can only recognize videos in several common formats e.g. MP4. So, ripping Blu-ray to Surface 2 best video format MP4 is the best and easiest solution.
There are many programs out there that allow you to make copies of your Blu-rays and let you watch them the way you want to play them. You may be confused about choosing a most suitable tool. If so, I recommend you try Blu-ray to Surface 2 Converter. It is easy to use for editing and conversion and makes great quality copies of my Blu-rays.
To be honest, the Blu-ray to Surface 2 Converter can help you rip and convert all the Blu-ray/DVD Discs even iso/ifo image files. I’ve been using the program to convert all my Blu-ray discs to Surface 2 playable video files. I’ve found the quality to be excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the discs themselves. Meanwhile the audio/video synchronization is very good, the size of the subtitles too. If you’re a Mac user, please turn to the equivalent Mac version – Surface 2 Blu-ray Ripper for Mac, which can transfer Blu-ray and DVD movies to Surface 2 tablet on Mac OS X (Mavericks and Mountain Lion included).
Free download Blu-ray to Surface 2 Converter trial version (Windows Version | Mac Version)
1. Insert Blu-ray in your computer Blu-ray-ROM, click the Blu-ray disc button to import your Blu-ray movies. The software will quickly analyze the Blu-ray and list all the Blu-ray title. The Surface 2 Blu-ray Ripper will auto check and select the main movie title of Blu-ray movie for converting.
2. Click “Format” bar, here I recommend “Common Video” >> H.264 Video (*.mp4) as target format for your Surface 2 tablet with the best video & audio settings.
3. (Optional) If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
4. Start the Blu-ray to Surface 2 MP4 conversion by clicking the big Convert button. You can set the auto shut down when the conversion finished if you don’t want to wait at your computer.
After the conversion, you can get the converted Blu-ray rips in .mp4 format via tapping the Open button. There, now you know how to get and transfer Blu-ray movies onto your Surface 2. Enjoy yourself.
You must be logged in to post a comment