What’s the best way to import Canon EOS camera recorded H.264 MOV files to Avid Media Composer on Mac? How to edit Canon MOV files with Avid Meida Composer natively? In this article, you will get the best solutions.
Canon EOS DSLR cameras are popular on the market, it has released so many hot products, such as Canon EOS Rebel T3i, T3, T5i, T5, SL1, XSi, Canon EOS-M, 70D, 5D Mark III, Canon 60D, Canon 6D, Canon 7D, etc. many users have choose to buy one of the products to use. The canon EOS DSLR cameras can record full HD 1080p videos in H.264 MOV format, with Canon EOS DSLR cameras, we can easily take high quality photos as well as top quality videos.
Import Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer
After you got the Canon EOS DSLR camera, you may have used it recorded some EOS DSLR H.264 MOV videos. If you usually edit videos in software like Avid Media Composer, you may know that H.264 codec is not good for editing, it is mainly a playback codec, you will need to render when you want to edit OS DSLR H.264 MOV with Avid Media Composer on Mac or Windows. From Avid Media Composer website you will get the information that Avid MC best supported video codec is DNxHD codec, only with this codec you can import and edit Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV videos natively. In this case, if you want to import Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer, you will need to convert H.264 MOV video to DNxHD codec for native editing.
How to convert Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec?
You will need to use the software Acrok HD Video Converter, this program will help you to convert Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to DNxHD codec MOV format with best speed and quality, more formats are supported to import and export, like AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MXF, MPG, MKV, AVI, MP4, etc. now you can follow the steps below to convert videos to DNxHD codec for Avid MC on Mac or Windows.
1. Free download and install Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac or Windows, launch this software on your computer.
2. Import your Canon EOS DSLR recorded H.264 MOV files into this software, you can directly drag and drop the files, or click import button to select and load the footages.
3. After you imported the Canon EOS DSLR H.264 clips into the software, you can click play button to view the video in the preview window. And please click format bar to choose output format. To edit Canon MOV files in Avid Media Composer, please select Avid DNxHD for output.
Tip: this software has many optimized formats for editing software and playable devices, like Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X/7/6, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Android tablets, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, HDTV, Windows tablets, etc.
4. Customization is available in the software, you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others according to your need.
5. You can also use the editing feature to edit Canon H.264 MOV videos, it is so easy to trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, remove/replace audio from H.264 MOV video.
6. The last step is to click convert button to start the conversion.
Just need to wait some time, when the software converted Canon EOS DSLR H.264 MOV to Avid Media Composer DNxHD codec, you can import converted files into Avid MC for editing natively.
Tags: Canon EOS Rebel T3i to Avid Media Composer, Canon T5i to Avid Media Composer, Canon 70D to Avid editing, Canon 6D to Avid MC, import Canon 5D Mark III to Avid Media Composer
You must be logged in to post a comment