“I have borrowed a Sony PMW-F3 35mm full-hd compact camcorder from my friend, and recorded some important footages, now I need to import Sony PMW-F3 MPEG-2 Long GOP 1080p footages to FCP X for editing on Mac, but I always get error when I try to import, it seems that I need to convert Sony PMW-F3 to FCP X supported format, can you help?”
Sony PMW-F3 records 1920 x 1080 HD images using the MPEG-2 Long GOP codec, which conforms to the MPEG-2 compression standard. MPEG-2 Long GOP is a mature codec–also adopted by the XDCAM HD and HDV 1080i series of products–which enables users to record stunning quality HD footage with highly efficient, reliable data compression. But, Sony PMW-F3 recorded videos are not compatible with Final Cut Pro X/7/6 on Mac, the codec is not supported by FCP, FCP X/7/6 best supported video is apple prores 422 codec, and it’s native codec for Final Cut Pro editing.
So in order to import Sony PMW-F3 to FCP X/7/6 and editing on Mac, you will need to transcode Sony PMW-F3 to Apple prores codec, and then you can load Sony PMW-F3 1080p video to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 without rendering, and then edit natively.
You can follow the steps below to convert Sony PMW-F3 MPEG-2 video to Apple prores 422 for FCP X/7/6.
1. Free download and install HD Video Converter for Mac, it’s top hd video converter software that can convert AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, XAVC, MKV, AVI, WMV to apple prores codec or other codecs and formats.
2. Install and run this Sony PMW-F3 video converter on Mac, load Sony PMW-F3 recordings to this software.
3. Choose apple prores 422 codec for output, it’s best codec for FCP X/7/6 editing, this output format has been optimized. You can also choose other formats for output according to your need.
4. You can click settings button to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution or bitrate according to you need, but you can also keep it as default.
5. Click convert button to start the conversion process.
When the software has finished the Sony PMW-F3 to FCP X/7/6 apple prores conversion, you can load converted videos to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 for editing with native codec, now please take a free try, hope it’s a good tool for your camcorder.
You must be logged in to post a comment